At a Warner Bros presentation, several fun, geek-related movies were announced, confirmed, or are slated to be green-lit for production. Of the list, the ones I'm most interested in include:
- Superman (2012 release -- do we think this is a do-over re-boot?)
- Green Lantern in 3D (??) (set for June, 2011 release)
- Unnamed Flash movie (hmmm...)
- Wonder Woman (this has been "in development for like 10 years now, so I'll believe it when I see it)
- Aquaman (could be timely, maybe focused on an eco-terrorist storyline? or perhaps some environmental cataclysm, say, like a mutli-national oil company unleashing millions of gallons of oil into Aquaman's oceans. Crazy, I know.)
Anyway, it's a good time to be a geek, since Hollywood seems to be pillaging all the comic book/sci fi/fantasy properties out there. Let's hope at least 50% are decent.