Monday, May 17, 2010

More Clips of New TV Shows

More from the Upfronts, this time from NBC. Not too interested in most of the shows on this list, save two.

First, a new super hero show, The Cape. I think the only reason NBC can even entertain this show is the perfect storm of the Jay Leno/10 PM fiasco and the cancellation of the OTHER super hero show, Heroes. When a cop is framed for murder, he takes up the mantle of The Cape -- his son's favorite fictional hero. Summer Glau (Firefly, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles) also shows up in this one, so it will surely attract some of the geek contingent.



I don't think this show will work on NBC for very long, if at all. But, I'll do my due diligence and at least check out the pilot.

Next is the ad for the JJ Abrahm's show mentioned last week, Undercovers. As you may recall, this show is about former spies who are living their normal, boring lives when they are recruited back for one last mission. Only to find that the spy life is what seems to be missing.



I hope the show kicks it a bit more into high gear than this ad. For a 5 minute preview, this left me a little "meh."

No comments:

Post a Comment