Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentines for the Geek in Your Life


Valentine's Day isn't a big deal in our house, but I know there are geeks out there who would love a treat from their special someone. Assuming he/she has one. Let's be optimistic and assume that's the case so I can get on with the point.

The good folks over at Mashable posted a list of 10 V-Day gifts for geeks earlier today. I can't decide which I like more -- the Valentine's themed Zune (yes, I said "Zune"!) or the Geeky Dreamboat magnet set, which includes adora-geeks like Michael Cera, Andy Samberg, and the dudes from Flight of the Conchords.

ThinkGeek.com has an even lengthier list of geek appropriate Valentine gifts here. I like the heart-shaped box of mini-microbes (including Amoeba and Penicillin), Star Trek cologne & perfume (because who doesn't want to smell like Captain Kirk?), Circuit board necklace (doubles as a "Green" gift!), and the LED binary clock or watch (which I doubt I could even read, but love nonetheless).

Of course, you could make it easy and pick up a cool geek t-shirt. There are so many now, because I guess it is finally cool to be a geek or pretend you are one. Pretty much anything from threadless.com seems on target, but I really like this one because of the overwhelming number of pop culture references in one shirt. Or the now (in)famous Rock-Paper-Scissor-Lizard-Spock t-shirt from the Big Bang Theory. Or for the gamer geek in your life, any number of Mario t-shirts.

If you don't have a special Valentine in your life this year, go on and treat yourself. You know you want to. Shiny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment