Monday, February 22, 2010

The Picard Video

(big h/t to Artem)

I couldn't get motivated to sit down and write anything this weekend. I didn't think I'd even get there tonight, but this is too good not to share.

Check out this Jean Luc Picard fan-made YouTube video. Best. Video. Ever. If I could tattoo a video on my person, this would certainly be a contender. Is someone working on that yet? If not, could you?



Have I mentioned my love/adoration of Jean Luc on this site yet? Le sigh. This video encapsulates so many great Picard moments, it's dizzying. I especially love the little dances (see around 1:00). I also like the transition to the New Order-like synth music with the Borg clips (around 3:00 mark). I had no idea how well New Order and the Borg go together. Like chocolate and peanut butter. Resistance is futile. They even work in a few animated clips. And the tune is super catchy. I'll probably end up with "Captain Jean Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise" stuck in my head for days.

I'd like to figure out a way to create an MP3 version of this so my husband can work it into one of his DJ sets. There must be a way, right? It's so uber-fantastic that I think it needs to be shared with many, many others.

Engage.

No comments:

Post a Comment