Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine

I admit, I was suspicious of this movie. The title had me worried it would get the hype of "Snakes on a Plane" and similarly not live up to said hype. And I adore John Cusack and Rob Corddry, so I didn't want it to be embarrassing. Thankfully, I am happy to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Briefly, the movie has a ridiculous premise -- 4 guys go to a ski resort, get in a hot tub, and travel back through time to 1986 where 3 of the 4 are teenagers again (4th dude is a young guy, nephew to John Cusack's character). And, of course, shenanigans ensue as they try to get back to the present day.

I don't want to spoil it for folks, so I'll turn to the fine cast. John Cusack - a favorite of mine since I was a kid - stars as Adam, a guy who probably didn't become the adult he thought he would (on an aside, did any of us think we would become THIS adult?). Craig Robinson (Darryl from "The Office") is his friend, Nick, a guy so p-whipped that he's taken his wife's last name. Rob Corddry of The Daily Show is their loser friend, Lou. Finally, Clark Duke (will be in Kick Ass coming out this weekend) is Adam's nephew, Jacob, who gets dragged along for the ride.

In addition to the main cast, there are some great supporting characters including Chevy Chase, Crispin Glover (George McFly! Yay "Back the Future" call back!), and Lizzy Caplan (who's name you may not know, but would wonder where you've seen her before: Cloverfield, True Blood, Mean Girls, Freaks & Geeks, etc).

Anyway, it's a funny movie and reminds me of some 80's comedies. Good times.

Here's a (NSFW) preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment