Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rest in Peace, Corey Haim

Hollywood isn't kind to it's child stars. Back in the early 80's, Corey Haim had so much potential as a tween/teen star. For a brief moment, it seemed like he was everywhere. Huge pictures of Corey (often with pal Corey Feldman) graced the covers of magazines like Tiger Beat and Seventeen. But Corey also grew up with some problems, including a recurring drug habit (I think I read he went to rehab about 15 times). So, while not really surprising, Corey Haim passed away, from an apparent drug overdose. Sad.



I choose to remember him in the role I loved most, as Sam from the movie The Lost Boys (allllll the way back in 1987). Fun fact: the shots in the "comic book store" were filmed in the old location of Atlantis Fantasyworld in Santa Cruz, CA (where I worked throughout college).




Peace out, Corey.

No comments:

Post a Comment