Monday, March 1, 2010

Computer History Museum

If you haven't had a chance to go to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA and you are a big geek/nerd like me, I suggest you check it out. It's worth a couple of hours to explore the history of modern computing. And it might make you appreciate all this wonderful technology we have at our finger tips. Or at least stop swearing at it so much. Although I'm still skeptical as to why I'm not living in the Star Trek future I was counting on. Anyway, check out the CHM here.

If you were curious, on this day in computing history:

March 1, 1960

John McCarthy's LISP Programmer's Manual Released

The first LISP Programmer's Manual is released. Considered the mother tongue of Artificial Intelligence (AI), LISP is older than most other high-level languages still in use today. Its inventor, John McCarthy, created the recursive and symbolic language.

There. Now you've also learned something. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment