Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More Batman Casting Revealed

I like directors who find acting partners that they re-use in move after movie. Some of my favorites have employed this practice --Alfred Hitchcock had several actors who showed up in multiple movies (James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant). Tim Burton has Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. And now, it seems, Christopher Nolan is repeating the pattern as well.

Over the weekend, it was announced that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in the next Batman installment, The Dark Knight Rises. (Recall as well that Tom Hardy (Eames in Inception) has also been cast in Dark Knight Rises, as Bane.) Based on this post from Movie Line, Gordon-Levitt has signed on as Alberto Falcone. This doesn't mean much to non-comic book fans, but for those of us who are, it's pretty exciting. Falcone appeared in a late 90's storyline from Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale, called The Long Halloween. I really enjoyed that story arc, so I can only hope it will influence/inspire the coming movie.


I've followed Gordon-Levitt since his days on 3rd Rock from the Sun and think he is a promising actor. He was a surprising, interesting addition to Nolan's most recent work, Inception.

There's still over a year for the new Batman movie, but I have to say, I'm more excited about it than the upcoming Green Lantern movie. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by it, much like I was with Iron Man. We'll see...

Anyway, here's one more gratuitous photo of Gordon-Levitt, this time from Inception -- I loved the scene with walking on walls.



No comments:

Post a Comment