Sunday, June 6, 2010

Preacher: Let's Try this Again

Discussion of a Preacher TV show or movie has been hot and cold for years. The last I heard, we were on "cold." But in scouring the interweb for new geek news (I'm dedicated, if nothing else), I see that a Preacher adaptation is back on again! Huzzah!

If you don't know much about the graphic novel series, Preacher (written by Garth Ennis) I highly suggest you check it out. Violence. Gore. Relationships. An Irish vampire. A kick-ass girlfriend. Some bat-shit crazy storylines. Some of the best covers (thank you, Glenn Fabry)! Oh yeah, and an exploration of religion and God. Good times.



Over on Empire Online, I see that Hollywood is going to pick up the torch again on this uber-amazing series. Now, it appears that Joe Carnahan, director of the new A-Team movie, would like to direct this action-packed romp. Hmmm...well, I haven't seen A-Team yet, so I'll reserve my opinion for a few weeks. But I would love to see Preacher adapted as an HBO-style mini-series (this one needs to be R-rated; don't even try to clean it up for the kiddies. I'm looking at you, Constantine...). **Fingers crossed**

No comments:

Post a Comment