Saturday, February 11, 2012

Owls in Space!

After deciding on a space nursery, I realized it would be tricky to find pre-made decor at someplace like Babies R' Us or Target. Thankfully, in this age of the Internet, there are lots of other options. One of my favorites for interesting, unique items is Etsy. Etsy is great for all kinds of things and somehow less overwhelming than eBay. Added bonus: I don't have to deal with bidding (which I hate).

Two of my first Etsy orders arrived yesterday, and I have to say, I'm thrilled! Yay for creativity and customization combined with Internet commerce!

First up is this print that marries our space theme with my "pre-occupation" with owls. I'm trying not to dominate BabyO's room with owls, since that is my thing, but I couldn't resist this one from Nancy Lee's shop.


I ordered mine in a larger size than the 6x6 listing, no problem. And it's gorgeous! I can't wait to get it matted and framed. Even when BabyO's moved on from her space theme, I will gladly pull this print into another room of the house.

The second print is this "I love you from here to Cassiopeia" one from HopSkipJumpPaper:

There are a lot of options for paper color, and in keeping with our color scheme I got this one in aqua. It looks great! There are also ones from here to Jupiter or to Andromeda. It was a tough call to choose just one.

This space theme seems to be coming all swimmingly so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment