Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Star Wars - Victorian Style

Apparently, it's been a while. I think missing Comic Con this year threw me off my bloggerific game. Sigh. Well, I'm rebounding now and hoping to post a few quick things before I'm out of the loop again for a short medical leave. (Summer has been great times this year!)

h/t to Rich for sending along this link to an LA Weekly profile on artist Greg Peltz, and his Victorian Star Wars paintings. Check out all the shared images over at the LA Weekly link, but here are a couple of my favorites:

Jabba with a top hat and mustachio.


Chewbacca with monocle.




Love these! I feel like they need some very flowery, ornate frames to really give them the extra oomph.

Finally, I just have to note that the artist, Mr. Peltz, is a 23-year-old artist, who is also a technical director at Pixar. Now I feel old and under accomplished.

Back to the cubicle with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment